Sunday, February 6, 2011

Water Bottle Seek and Find

My good friend, Kristin, gave me this idea for a Brown Bear Brown Bear Seek and Find game. She also very kindly printed out the pictures for me to use so this was a lot easier for me than it will be for you, but good luck anyway.
First you need your supplies:
a water bottle (gatorade has a wide mouth), glue, cereal box, pictures and letters, rice, tape, hot glue gun
You can use any pictures or letters or stickers or whatever I just happened to use the characters from Eric Carle's Brown Bear book. To add strength to my pictures I glued them on a cereal box, cut them out, added a letter or symbol to the back (to make both sides fun), and then "laminated" them with tape.
Then I put my pictures in a bottle and filled it halfway full of rice. Next you'll need to hot glue the lid on so that curious kiddos don't dump rice everywhere and you'll have a fun game ready to go!
James has loved reading the book and then searching for the characters in the bottle. This is great for anything. On the back of the pictures I put letters that are still tricky for him. So he is either finding letters or characters. It's a win-win!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Maile,

That seek and find is a great idea! I bet James loves it.

I want to tell you something. I know we live far away from each other. I know we haven't seen each other in years. I know reading each other's blogs is about all we hear from each other. But I am so encouraged and comforted by you. Knowing that you are where you are living your life for the Lord, praising Him, honoring Him, loving Him. I love you for it! I hold you in highest regard, and I hope you continue on the path you are on. Thank you for your encouraging comments!! My attitude has taken a turn for the better. I just have to get through those little moments of self doubt and remember my priorities every now and then. I love ya, girl!
Love, Cassie

Richard C. Lambert said...

She also very kindly printed out the pictures for me to use so this was a lot easier for me than it will be for you, but good luck anyway. Bier eigenem Logo