Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Trip to the Feed Store

Spring is in the air and I've been dying to go to the Feed Store all year long. I learned about Straw Bale Gardening last year from Mckmama's blog and have wanted to do it, but needed to wait until Spring. Finally it's here and I can get started.
If you are interested in Straw Bale Gardening I suggest you google it and learn for yourself what to do, or follow my blog this Spring and Summer and learn from my mistakes for next year. We'll see how it goes.
Anyway, I headed to Grapevine this afternoon with both kiddos and bought our bales of straw and a few other goodies :) This is what my van looked like when we left. Ha!
My other goodies are tucked away nicely in this tub. Can you guess what I bought?
What's in this tub requires a heat lamp. I know. I know. I already have a turtle who needs a heat lamp what else have I brought home?
I couldn't help myself when I saw these babies in the store and Miss A about broke her neck trying to hold them and kiss them and James giggled everytime they moved. So I had to buy them. The problem with buying baby ducks is that they need stuff: hay, food, heat. . . Oh well, it was all actually really cheap. They fit right in to our farm theme, too.

Anyway, so it was a fun Saturday at our house. We've watched duckies all afternoon and now I just have to vaccuum out my car. Bummer!

2 comments:

Kristy Dixon, Parent Coach said...

How fun. I love it. My mom used to me baby ducks on Easter. We lived on a farm. What will you do with big ducks?

Maile said...

We'll release them here in Carrollton at a pond when they are grown.