Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs

There's changes in the air, not only outside, but in our house, too. We've torn down the barn and raised a yard, or grass, or garden, whatever you want to call it. We are starting our bug unit and I can't wait for some of the ideas to get done. The kiddos already made their butterflies and I think they are just darling. Here's some of the upcoming ideas:

  • growing butterflies

  • growing grass and studying who depends on it

  • ladybugs

  • caterpillars and butterfly life cycle

  • ants and ant hills

  • insects and where they live (nests, hills, holes, hives, etc)

This will be a broad overview of insects because well. . . these kids are babies, but it will be fun none the less. I have so many ideas bursting forth from teaching second grade and from watching our first grade team learn about ants, but I'll hold off for now. Maybe.

James' butterfly
I'm collecting poems, bug scavenger hunts, stories, craft ideas, and more. So email me if you want whatever we are doing or if you have something to share. Thanks.

No comments: