Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Garden Update

The real gardening has begun and I'm so excited to introduce you to our new little seedlings. Aren't they adorable? Ok I know that's a bit of a stretch, but I am so happy to actually have plants growing and living in my straw. They have been doing well all week. I wanted carrots, broccoli, cucumber, and peas. I got cucumber and squash. The selection around here is not good, but I will venture farther out and get some other veggies soon. After James and Nana's (Miss A) party I will have 3 more bales to plant in so I still have time to shop.
From other blogs I've followed that do this kind of gardening I have learned to label what I put in. I found it easiest to use the label that comes with the plant. It's already made and it tells when the veggie will be ready for picking because I have NO CLUE!

Happy farming!

No comments: