Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lacing Cards

Lacing cards are a fan favorite in this house; however, I do not keep them out all the time. Some things are better left put away and done in little spurts rather than leave them out to be destroyed by stomping feet and teething Nana Bears. Anyway, I busted these out the other day and let my two lace for a while. I love the concentration that it takes to do these. I also love that when your string runs out you know you are done and you can look at your masterpiece.
I also love that there is no wrong way to lace a card and that as time goes on you get better and better. This time James was able to flip his card over to string the back and then over again to go through the front, just like sewing. He's never done this without help before.

Both kids loved lacing and Nana even put the lace in her pincher fingers and did quite a few holes herself.

If you don't have a set of lacing cards have no fear! I found these at Micheals for $1. They come in a pack of two and are fairly durable. Sure there are ones at Lakeshore for $20, but there's no need for that.


Here's my handy storage tip for the day: I have a peg board (you know the ones that men hang their tools on in the garage) in the garage where I hang toys that don't get left out all the time. I put the toys in zip locks, label them, and then hang them out there. Then I can easily get them when I want them. Plus the kids can see them when we are loading up in the car and it reminds them of ones they may want to play with. If I put things in a closet, tub, or cabinet I will never get it out. Out of sight, out of mind for me. So displaying them helps me use them, but hanging them on the pegboard helps them not take up space. There! Hope that helps.

No comments: