Monday, June 6, 2011

Nana's Parents

I find myself after Nana's visit this morning being overjoyed about many things. Let me start this post by saying that I love Nana's parents. I know many of you cannot believe that and even wonder how this could be true. But it is true. I love them. I look forward to seeing them. I look forward to seeing them together. I look forward to their success and I feel badly about their setbacks.

I love Nana. I want Nana to stay with me forever, but that just may not happen. Therefore, I have strong feelings towards the people that may get to keep Nana forever, the two that gave her life. They are young, have a lot to learn, and need your prayers, but they are her's and they are a part of her story no matter what happens in her future.

Anyway, after her visit today I was so happy that both of them came. Both of them came on time. Both of them looked nice and treated me kindly and both of them lit up when they saw her.

Pray for them. Pray that the Lord changes them and that they can make it no matter what odds are against them. They don't have a support system, but we can give them one by covering them in prayer. Will you join me in praying for them? Would it not be a miracle story to send her home to two believing parents who are determined to stick together and love her? If I have to loose her I only want it to be because of a radical change. I couldn't bear any other thought. So PRAY!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I will definitely be praying for them! I really admire everything you're doing to help this special little girl. You have such a big heart :)

Saving Texas Style said...

Praying for God's will. What a wonderful witness you are to her parents.

Debbie said...

Love reading your heart for them and for Nana. Praying!

Kristy Dixon, Parent Coach said...

Praying for all of you. Keep us posted. God can move mountains so let's see what he is going to do here.

Amanda said...

Maile, You have such an amazing heart. I feel so so blessed to have found you and that Remi has you in his life too. Thank you for all you do!

Dall Bariscak said...

Hi, Thank you for sharing your posts about foster care and how kids need you completely to FULLY love them. Thank you for sharing how much it hurts when they leave and the different disappointments/loss you/we experience. I say we because I am a Foster parent too. People wonder/ask how we handle it when they go. I try to think how It isn't about me, it is about them and I have a loving support system to get through this. While it is heartbreaking (understatement) I love them as my own, every time. We started doing Foster care over 22 years ago! We are now the proud parents of 4 amazing kids! Two by birth and two by adoption, ALL BY THE GRACE of GOD. My oldest is almost 21 and almost (2semsters left) a police officer. Then a 17, 14 AND 3yo! Whew!
So, THANK YOU also for the blogs about busy bags, tot trays and occupying littles while Homeschooling the older kids! We have loved sensory bins with our 3yo and have some busy bags. Yours are incredible!
Thank YOU again for the blog, I feel encouraged and NOT alone!
Blessings to you and prayers from my family.