Sunday, June 12, 2011

Straw Bale Gardening



Have you been wondering about my straw bale garden? For those of you that don't know, I started my first straw bale garden this summer and was super excited to get all my veggies and fruits planted and harvested. I started off with squash, tomatoes, strawberries, sweet potatoes, and cucumbers. It was all going really well for the first month and then something happened. I don't know if it was the heat, the lack of love from me, or just Mother Nature, but pretty much everything flopped.




Above is how my garden looks now. It's out on the curb waiting for the trash man to take it away. I salvaged the strawberries and put them in a planter and the tomatoes are doing fabulous so I left them in the ground, but everything else is dead




Well, just wanted to update since I told all of you at the beginning of Spring to watch my progress and decide if you wanted one next year. I stunk at it so don't get any advice from me. I'll be buying all my produce from this point on.

No comments: