Saturday, July 16, 2011

More Ocean Life

Our ocean is filling up and we are loving learning about all these new things. I personally have only been to the ocean once and I was terrified of all the life in the water, so studying it from home is fun for me. It's great watching the kids with all the new animals and sea shells because it's definitely things they have never seen. We found this great tub of plastic ocean animals at Once Upon a Child and I've been saving them for our ocean study. They have amazing detail and are full of interesting sea animals.

I also found a basket of shells at The Christmas Tree Shops for $1.99. It was jammed full of shells and so I selected about 20 to have out all the time. We've been sorting, using our senses for exploring, and playing music with them. Here's little Remi painting his crab. The crabs are soooo stinkin' cute.

See? I love them.

The eel was an impromptu creation because it was the favorite sea animal in our tub. Each kid chose a color to paint their eel and they used a circle dobber to make it. Then we did a triangle face and tail.

I'm loving the ocean theme. There is so much to do with it and it's all such new information. What are you learning right now?

2 comments:

Kristy Dixon, Parent Coach said...

Fun ideas. When are starting to do ocean stuff in preparation to go the new Sea Life Aquarium in the Grapevine Mills mall. Then to Sea World in Sept. Thanks for the great ideas!

Maile said...

Kristy-
I didn't know there was a new exibit at the mall. How cool and perfect for us! I'll be checking your blog for ideas, too. There's so much out there for ocean I'm going to have to do it for the next few years for sure.