Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pocket Chart Poems



We are still loving our new pocket chart. Did you ever go get one from Target? $1
Today I wrote out the poem, "Jack and Jill". This is a poem the boys have memorized so I thought we could "read" it together, possibly mix up the strips and put them back in order (I'm going to add pics to help with that), and practice some letter recognition. Remi loved looking through each word and pointing out letters that he knows. I was amazed at how quickly he could look through the words and spot letters. He's a genius!!

I also started working on my lesson plans for next week. I've struggled for months with how to organize all the things I want to do and all the things I think they kids can do. So I've decided that I'm just going to start making lists and then when I sit down to do my lesson plans each week I can use the lists to help me fill in activities. I made lists for: whole group math, science, reading, physical ed, and writing (whole group involves everyone), and then individual lists for each kid. I'm thinking this is going to help me a lot. Now when I see things on other people's blogs, or when I realize there is something new I want the kids to learn I can just add it to my list and it will get done--eventually. :)

No comments: