Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pond: Population 10

Our pond is becoming populated! Lots of creatures are popping up and even some plants are starting to grow. Here's James showing off his duck ( I know you can't see it, but you can see him!)
We've added ducks and fish. The ducks were just cut out of construction paper and I let the kids put them together (with a little guidance so that the feet weren't on their heads). The fish were painted by their feet. I just painted the toes a different color and added a thumb print fin at the top.

Close up
We made cattails for the pond and they were messy but fun. I had my kids do them outside on the patio and then we just washed our hands with the hose. They each got one toilet paper roll and 1/2 a papertowel roll. It made one big and one little cattail. They rolled it in glue and then rolled it in sand. I cut out the leaves.


**hint: if you ever need pencil boxes like this go to the thrift store. I have gotten like 25 from there and I usually get a bag of about 6-10 for $1.50-$2.50. They come in handy for all kinds of things, but mostly for storing little games and stamp sets.

Our cattails

This is how our pond looks this week.

1 comment:

Abby said...

You have the cutest ideas of things to do with your kids... so creative! I'm going to have to remember all of this for the future!