Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm Doing The Best I Can

Do you ever feel like the little efforts that you make just aren't enough? Today I received a call from our agency about taking in another child, a one year old. They thought I had said we would take in two kids and so it was a misunderstanding, but I hate hearing about other kids in need that I just can't help.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed knowing about all the kids that need intervention and haven't gotten it yet or when I think about all the kids in the world that need to be adopted and are still waiting. I saw this video on a blog today and was so refreshed by this sweet little story.

Your efforts may not be directed towards foster care or adoption, but we are all passionate about something: raising our kids, working our jobs, saving the planet, bettering our health . . . whatever it is that you are doing--just do your best. Every little bit matters :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So sorry! I don't like those calls - it rips a little of my heart out to say no. I will join you in praying for that precious one. You are doing a great job and encouraging others, like me, to do the best they can. Keep it up, my friend!