Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Learning Naturally Through Play

I loved this blog post today. I totally agree that the most natural way for our kids to learn is through meaningful play and purposeful conversations. Check it out if you are interested.

I also really loved this blog today. It is a gentle reminder that all kids are different. As a mom I can read other people's blogs and think, "Gosh, my kid can't do that!" Or "Gosh my kid was doing that months ago!" It's important to remember that all kids are different and comparisons will just make you crazy. I like to view blogs for ideas and for encouragement, but I try very hard to stay away from feeling bad about myself for something my kid can't do and on the flip side feeling smug about what he can do. James is very gifted in many areas, but he is also very challenged in others. Read this momma's blog if you need encouragement on comparisons.

No comments: