Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weekly Randoms

Our week has been absolutely fabulous. Jeremy turned 30 this week so we've been celebrating, eating, hanging out with friends and today we had a breakfast party. It was nice having most of his favorite people here and seeing everyone's kids play. I can't believe he is 30. I met him at 16. How is he 30? Nevertheless here is the wreath I made for the front door. I love it and it was so simple to make. If you want one go check out my friend Laurie's blog she gives step by step instructions for how to make one. I'm going to be reusing this for James' birthday coming up in April.
We also did some IKEA shopping this week and scored some great shelves for our garage. I haven't shown you pics of the furniture we bought last week, but IKEA has been helping our home out a lot lately! My friend at church gave me $200 in store credit a few years ago and I just finished it off this week on these beauties.
Our garage has needed more shelving because I keep accumulating more and more kid stuff. I love the big tall shelf. It's just what I've been needing to store our books on. Yay for organization. The short shelf on the right is also from IKEA and is now our sensory tub shelf. All my sensory tub stuff is stored there and easy to get to. I'm so happy.

Here's a close up of how I store our theme books. Many books are stored in the house on our book shelves, but if they are specifically for a theme and not being used in everyday life then they stay in the garage in these magazine bins. I bought these last year at IKEA. So handy!

This is on the other side of the garage and I actually have an empty bookcase to store more stuff! The pegboard has been a great organizing thing, too.
Here it is close up. I just hang little games and manipulatives on it that we use in our toddler trays. If a toy is put away then it's out of sight out of mind for me. I like hanging up these toys and labeling all my bins to help remind me what I already have.

My count down begins again. The last time I thought Nana was leaving I began to get emotional about all the things I was doing with her "for the last time". I remember crying the night I was giving her a bath knowing it was the last time I would ever bathe her again. Most parents don't ever have to have thoughts like that, but as a foster mom it's reality. A reality that I am proud to endure, but a sad reality. Well, today when I was clipping her nails I suddenly realized that this would most likely be the last time I ever clip her nails again. Ouch! I hope her new mommy loves her short stubby fingers and toes as much as I do. :(
These little steamers have been rocking my world lately. I love them and basically you can have all you want for very little calories. A serving of this (which was a generous amount) was only 45 calories. I'm not dieting, but I am trying to do better. These are coated in a yummy cheese sauce and I loved them. I think it was like $1.50 per bag and the bag lasts for at least 2 meals at our house. I had the cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot one tonight and it was delicious!

Hope you've had a wonderful week. Enjoy your family this week!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Oh, I love your organization!!! I have some of those big magazine bins, I think I'll store our seasonal books in them. Thanks for the inspiration!!
P.S. I said a little prayer for miss Nana.