Monday, February 27, 2012

The Dallas Zoo

We had the best time at the Dallas Zoo. Although we didn't even get to see half of it we loved what we did see. James' favorite exhibit was the penguins and mine was the giraffes. We've been trying to get to the zoo since early January but with Jeremy's work schedule and all our appointments for our foster babies it's taken us a while. Finally, the wait paid off.




I could not believe how close up the animals were. I've never been this close to a lion and the male lions were close, too. This was a wonderful zoo for small kids.



The sweet man at the giraffe exhibit gave us a free bundle of lettuce (usually costs $5). We all got to feed this adorable giraffe, but I was by far the most excited. I'm adding a giraffe to my list of animals I want to take care of when I live in Heaven. So far cows, lion, hippo, sloth and whale are on my list as well.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

We have a membership there and I have to say that the giraffe encounter tops ANY zoo experience we have ever had. We LOVE LOVE LOVE those giraffes!!!!