Friday, April 6, 2012

Weekly Randoms

I'm starting to feel like every week is going to be crazy busy because that's how the last month or so has gone. I'm not use to this. We used to live the easy life with few daily to-do's and very little stressers, but here lately it has been a little chaotic. Let's hope that things start to slow down for us.

As most of my friends in the area did this week, here we are hunkered down in our bathroom waiting for the crazy storms to pass on Tuesday. The news kept showing all these horrible tornadoes that were touching down and so I didn't want to take any chances with the kids. They were all sleeping peacefully in their beds when some giant hail started hitting our house. I ran and woke them all up and took them into the bathroom. It was crazy, but we were safe and I'm pretty sure our house suffered no damage. Once the boys woke up they thought camping out in the bathroom was loads of fun.
James got his first birthday card in the mail this week from his Mommom. It had some money in it and so we went and picked out the game Hungry Hungry Hippos. His Daddy wanted to be the first one to play it with him, but he couldn't wait so we took it over to Mammy and Papa's house and we all played. He loves it!

My veggie co-op purchased lots of green tomatillos (I think that's how you spell it) this week and so I mixed up some green salsa with half of them. I found the recipe online and it was great! The only problem was it made a whole lot of salsa so I've been sending it home with people.

I took this picture while I was sitting on Highway 183 at midnight one night this week. Jeremy's car broke down on his way to work and so I went to tow him home once he got off. It was a crazy thing to do, but cheap people do crazy things to save money. We made it home just fine and the next day found out that his car is DEAD. Like DEAD--can't be repaired--DEAD. So we're now hoping my car dealing dad can find us something at an auction. But for now we are a one car family. Wow! That's loads of fun.

And I leave you with a pout. I take so many happy pictures of James, but this pout was just too cute. I can't remember what he was pouting about, but he was upset about something. Poor guy!

Hope you had a good week. Next week is crazy for us, too. Our boy turns 3 next week. I can't believe it, but it's true. We now have a little boy in the house. I'm sure I'll be emotionally reflecting about our 3 years together sometime next week. Stay tuned.

No comments: