Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Picnic

On Sunday we attended a Mother's Day picnic at a homestead here in our city. We assumed there would be free food because the signs around town said, "Free Picnic" so we were the only one's there with no dinner, but other than that we had a great time. I had packed a dinner for James just in case he didn't like what was offered so he was able to eat and they had blue bell ice cream for everyone so it turned out just fine.
 
 We sat just outside the main yard and there was a blue's band playing on the porch. James liked hanging on the fence and watching the band. As time passed he got a little more brave and even showed us some of his dance moves.
 Enjoying his icecream


 Ladybug enjoyed being outdoors and hanging out in her Mammy's lap. There's something about these chocolate babies we have that love their Mammy.
 James and Papa took a few strolls around the farm and even peed in the bushes. Well, James did the peeing, but it was quite an adventure for my little guy.
 I cannot say enough how happy I am to be these kids' mommy. Although I don't know if I'll be Ladybug's forever mommy, I'm certainly enjoying standing in for the time being. And spending the evening with them and my mom was delightful!

1 comment:

Veretta said...

It was a great evening!!! Love your posts...and LOVE YOU! (Mom..aka Mammy)