Friday, May 11, 2012

Trains

James has only very recently gotten into cars and trains. I always said that we would never buy him a train table because they are so big, but never say never! I was at IKEA this week and saw this adorable train track set for $10. I thought it would be so fun for him to have in his room and add to his car collection. Well, as I was about to check out I decided to go into the "AS IS" section and I found this perfect coffee table. It has a small hole in the top and other than that it's perfect! So. . . I loaded it up. $20. I love it, he loves it, it looks cute in the house and it can serve so many more purposes than just a train table. Yay!!!
 We added a few embellishments to it: a makeshift tunnel, two pieces of felt to create a farm in the middle (green for grass, blue for water), and our little barn with our tiny plastic animals.


I cannot say enough about how much I love IKEA. My "I want" list is never ending from there. So thankful to always find steals in the "AS IS" section, too. Most of the big pieces of furniture we have gotten from there have been damaged in some way and I will totally take a scratch on my furniture to drop off 50-75% off the price.

We've even been able to retell our "Little Engine That Could" book.

No comments: