Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekly Randoms

What a busy week we've had! Seems like there is so much to do around the house in the Spring and I am falling behind. There's weeds to pull, grass to water, things to paint, flowers to prune and the list goes on and on. Craziness is all around, but I do love the Spring.

I saw this canvas in Ross the other day and it just makes me want to pick it up and smash it. Not because I hate black and white art, but because of the saying. Where in scripture does it ever tell us to follow our heart? Our heart and our desires and our intuitions are wicked, crippled, and messed up. Our heart thinks only of itself and what feels good. It's sad to see this as a motto for people. If I hung this on my wall I would have to hang another canvas below it that says, "and prepare to be led astray'.
 Our bushes along our fence were getting out of control so Jeremy took a day to whack em' down and trimmed a few branches while he was out there. The back yard looks fresh and happy and that makes me smile. Love my big strong bush whacker!!
 I couldn't remember if I posted this before, but I'm posting it again, but it's so cute. These are the flowers the boys made a few weeks ago. I love them and all their brightness. All it is is paint strips for the petals.
 Have you been wondering about these guys? Well, they are officially farm residents now and apparently are doing quite well and are super spoiled. The lady that took them reports that at first they didn't know what to do with her big pond so she and her husband had to hike up their pants and carry them into the water and encourage them to swim around. Pathetic, I know. But these ducks were raised as puppies, not ducks. I'm so glad they are happy and free :)
 I saw this idea on Pintrist a few days ago and tried it with James last night for dinner. He loved eating all the different foods and pretty well cleaned his tray. His selection was strawberries, blueberries, grated cheese, pickels, bar-b-que sauce, pork, grapes, snap pea chips and raisins.
 I also saw this on Pintrist and it has saved me soooooo much money. When you get your veggies (celery, lettuce, spinach are the ones I've tried) wrap them in foil really well and they will store in the fridge for a very long time. My lettuce has been in here for 2 weeks and it's still perfectly crisp. The lettuce that I had in a ziploc bag only lasted 4 days. Trust me, it works!
Hope you have a wonderful week.

No comments: