Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Moving Rooms

Our house looks completely different than it did 3 weeks ago. We've had a lot going on around here getting ready for our new guy. The changes are definitely good; however we aren't getting our new playroom built on for a month so all our toys are in the entry way, but oh well. . . we're rolling with it.

First things first we had to have a garage sale. We had too much stuff and some of it just had to go. I combined my stuff with my neighbor, Elisa and we had a one day sale out front.

Then before any painting got done Jeremy's dad installed the doors on Ladybug's new room (which used to be our playroom).
 Then I spent 5 days painting the dark wood panels in there. I had to put on four coats of paint. Although I swear I'll never paint again, it's looks wonderful and all the work was totally worth it! I had to sand all the wood so that's why I got to wear the cool mask.
 Taped and ready to go!
Now to remove the tape and see how it looks!
We hung new curtains, brought in her furniture and took out most of the playroom furniture. We left the big work table for now, but it will come out when the new playroom is ready. James helped put the crib together. He is so good with his hands and he loves to build things. I couldn't believe the baby that the crib was orginally bought for was now big enough to help set it up for Ladybug.
 Then I started Craigslist shopping for my new guy. This was so much fun. First, I found his bed and Maxey and I went to pick it up in his truck.
 Then we headed to IKEA to get a bookcase and a desk.  
 The blue chair was also off Craigslist. It's perfect and still for sale at IKEA for $100. I got it for $20. The bed is a trundle bed so he can have people stay the night. I still have to get some decor for his room, some curtains and some more navy blue baskets for the shelf, but it's really starting to look like a big boy room. I've got some clothes hung in the closet, pajamas in the drawer, games in the closet, books of the shelf and pictures of him framed and hung. I can't wait for him to see it. My mom is making him a "T" pillow for his bed and I've ordered some vinyl wall art off EBAY that should arrive soon. Now all I need is my boy.
 I love the little IKEA desk. It's bolted to the wall and the top pulls out with storage underneath. It's the perfect size and doesn't take up too much space. I haven't hung the bulletin board yet or the "T" because I'm not sure how the decor will all be arranged yet. The chair was also from IKEA. Yippee!!
 And here's the finished product of Ladybug's room. She was sleeping when I took this so I could only get one view, but it gives you an idea of how the paint turned out. I just love it and she's done great in there.


This has been a labor of love and all my free time for the past 3 weeks has been spent on this, but once my boy is home it will all be worth it.

3 comments:

debikay said...

You are a force of Nature, Maile! My hat is off to you. GREAT job. Maybe James gets his hand-iness from his Uncle Jared's genes. = )

The Edwardsesesesss said...

Oh wow!!! you have done a LOT of really great work. Painting that paneling made a huge difference!

The Rowles said...

Looks great! I hardly even recognize the play room!