Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our Trip to the ER

Authentic journal entries are always the best. Here's the story James wrote after he had to go to the ER a few weeks ago.
 Since you can't really see the writing on James' story up above I'll go ahead and translate what he wrote. It's pretty accurate.
"One night I was trying to turn the lamp on and I fell and slipped and broke my tooth. It hurt. Papa came over. Mammy did, too. We called Daddy and said, "We don't know what to do!" Daddy said, "Go to the hospital". I was scared.
At the hospital we sat in a chair. The Dr. looked in my mouth. She said, "Go to the dentist". I got a treat when we left. We went to McDonalds and got icecream.
 His story does fail to mention his gashed open lip and all the blood, tears, and snot, but other than that I think he remembered all the highlights. It was a hard night and one I thought I'd never have to do with my cautious rule-following son, but we've now done it. We've joined the "I've been to the ER" club that many mommies have had to join.
Thankfully his tooth is recovering and did not have to be pulled by the dentist. I'm also thankful that his lip didn't need stitches. I figured that would traumatize us both for life. We lived through it and I hope to never go again.
The neat thing though was when we were checking in at the ER they asked if we had ever been here before and I said "no". Then the guy pulled up my name on the computer and said, "Our system shows that you were here on 4-10-09". That was the day James was born. Awww! So yes, I had been to that hospital before, but never to the ER.

No comments: