Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Room Has Been Built!!!

Saturday morning, bright and early, a team of 6 guys showed up to begin building our room. I can't remember if I've told you this before, but these guys don't even know us. Jeremy carpools with a man each day to work and when he found out we would be adding T to our home he got his Sunday School class together to build our new room for us. I cannot express how thankful we are for these men because the contractor quoted us $10,000 to have this room built and it looks like we will finish the room for about half of that. Super Big Savings!!!
 They added a whole new wall, three new windows, and a door.
 Jeremy helped out as much as he could and bless his heart, he was the insulation man. So by the end of the day he was super itchy.
 I was "Snack Girl" we fed the guys all day long and they began to love having me come out with trays of food every few hours. I think we spent about $200 on food for all of them, but they were such hard workers and ate everything we gave them. The heat was a beast that day so I know they were starving!
 Here's a very dark view from our living room. You can still see the backyard from the living room and kitchen and that's what was most important to me.
 Here's the view from the backyard. There isn't any siding on the walls yet, but that will happen soon.


 The men worked for 9 hours and finally were exhausted. Maxey came over the next day and finished up a lot of the trim, sheet rock and installing the door. He's going to help us put up shelves, too.
Although the room is no where near ready for us to move it and use it, I am so excited that the walls are up and progress is being made. Can't wait to show you the final product!!!!

No comments: