Saturday, August 11, 2012

Creating

T, by nature, is a creator. He loves to build, loves to construct, and loves to piddle. In the past two days he has done so much creating and I just love to watch him work. He asked Jeremy if he could use the scrap wood and nails and paint from our playroom to build something outside. So here he is working on his. . . well we still don't know what it is, but it's cool nonetheless.

 I hadn't shown him the lincoln logs yet so I busted them out last night when his cousin stayed the night. They played with these for 3 hours and I had to make them go to bed at 10. Then they woke up and played with them all morning. They had so much fun creating towns with people and animals. They were acting out all kinds of scenerios and using all these funny voices for their characters. It was priceless.
 They wanted me to document all their buildings and they even drew diagrams to help them in case one fell down.

 T has wanted so badly to help me paint the playroom and I keep telling him no. I'm not willing to share the painting responsibility mostly because I don't want to take the time to teach him how to do it. I know that sounds bad, but I just wanted to do it all on my own. So because of that reality I've been letting him help me with some of the decor. I bought this little guy at IKEA and let T paint him however he wanted. He worked on him today and still has to do another coat of paint, but he looks so cute and I can't wait to put him up on our new shelf. I also have a canvas print that T is working on that should be finished by the end of the week.


 Almost done. Isn't he cute? I love it!

No comments: