Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Love You Ritual #2

I've been doing Ritual #2 with James at night before I cover him up. He thinks it's funny and it's a good time for me to sneak in some extra snuggles while calming him down. I'm not sure what the rules are for posting direct quotes out of books so I'm a little afraid to post word for word what to do with this nursery rhyme, but in the book there are detailed instructions for what to do on each line. If you don't have the book then you can just make up your own hand movements. Basically, she advises you to have your child sit in your lap and you take your child's hands and do different movements and massages with them while you say the rhyme.

A wonderful woman lived in a shoe.
She had so many children
She knew exactly what to do.
She held them,
She rocked them,
And tucked them in bed.
"I love you, I love you" is what she said.

This is such a sweet version of an old nursery rhyme and honestly it's a little easier to take. This momma knew exactly what to do with all her babes and she did it with love and tenderness. It's a perfect rhyme to bond over. 


1 comment:

debikay said...

Bible time Nursery Rhyme version I like, too ends: ...tucked them in bed, and prayed Thank You Lord Jesus for sending them bread." = )